Who is ARTHUR?
ARTHUR is a Rheumatoid Arthritis Ultrasound Robot that interacts directly with the patient without the need of an ultrasound specialist. ARTHUR will capture high quality ultrasound images in grayscale and colour flow of 11 joints per hand. This includes 10 finger joints and 1 wrist joint (MCP, PIP and RC-IC joint).
ARTHUR offers an uniform and automatic process to capture the images and all images are quality ensured by a built in Artificial Intelligence module. This ensures high consistency and quality in ARTHURs images every time- there is no operator dependence in quality.
Patients in our studies and surveys are happy to have ARTHUR as a part of their monitoring and up to 92% found the experience of being scanned by ARTHUR as good or very good.
- Advanced software algorithms detect the hand and joints of the patient
- Graphical user interface guides the patient through the entire scan procedure
- Ultrasound images are captured in grayscale and Colour Flow
- Compatible with a standard ultrasound machine – contact ROPCA if you would like to know if ARTHUR is compatible with your ultrasound machine
- Images are continuously quality assessed to ensure high and uniform quality
- ARTHUR uses a top-of-the-line medical certified robot arm for the highest patient safety
- ARTHUR is fully compliant to current European standards and regulations
- Automatic self-service robot
- Disease area: Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Scanning Technology: Ultrasound
- Scan Area: 11 joints per hand
- Capacity: 4 patients per hour
- Size: 138×61,5×113 cm
- Weight: approx. 150 kg
- Colour: White/Grey
“It was a nice experience to be scanned by ARTHUR”
Patient quote from the validation study.